Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Nursing

I was reading some other blogs just now... well, more like glancing at them. Sometimes people write too much, and sometimes not enough. Blogs seem to be a way to let people into one's life - is that what I want? My newest thought is that I should begin blogging about nursing. This makes me nervous, because privacy is so important in this line of work. So, I changed some of the information attached to this blog, to create a sense of anonymity.  But there is so much to say, and so much that I'd like to remember, and mostly so much that I would like people to know.

But is anyone interested?

Let's find out.

It would also be an interesting project (for me) to try to incorporate my faith journey into this nursing vocation. Honestly, I've pretty much abandoned my faith journey. It's not just on the back burner. It's on the grill outside. Underneath the charcoal.

Recently a friend of my boyfriend asked me to answer some questions for her about the nursing program I went through last year. I did one of those crazy accelerated programs, and this one was about as crazy as it was made out to be. I studied a lot, more than I ever did the first time I went to college, and it took up as much time as a full-time job and then some. Anyway, this friend had taken the time to develop a list of serious, conscientious questions. I was so impressed, and it brought me (not for the first time) to the realization that I am not as reflective about my life as I would hope to be. I let life pass me by, and while I notice it happening, I don't always actively participate.

I don't have a plan, yet. At all. I think I'll start by trying to get something typed onto this every day. Is that bold? Of course it is. And maybe unreasonable. Gotta start somewhere :)

No comments:

Post a Comment